Finding Your Hidden Talents
It's officially spring! It reminds us of new things, growth, beginnings, a sense of excitement in the air and quite possibly, discovery some of your own hidden talents. But how do you do this?
The dictionary says talent is a “natural endowment” of a person—so we’re all born with our talents. It’s up to us to grow and develop them, but the seeds are in us at birth.
I've put together a list of 5 things you can do to discover your own hidden talent and if you do them, you just never know how it can help you in your job and your own creativity.
1. Listen to Others. You may be clueless about your talent, but your friends aren't Sometimes, they know you better than you know yourself.
2. What comes easily to you? Maybe there are things you do with such ease, that you've never considered it a talent worth nurturing.
3. What do you enjoy the most? Your talents may be demonstrating itself in other ways. Ask yourself what you love doing and what you are drawn towards.
4. When given the chance, what do you love to talk about? There are clues in there about things that you have passion for.
5. Just Ask. Survey your friends. Find out what they think. Get their perspective.
When you know what your talents are (strengths), you feel more in tune with your life. You have more purpose. Add a vision and a plan to your talent and you can use those talents to excel in your business. Whether you leverage those talents in your product or service, or you use them to network and make quality connections (social media strategies), it no longer feels like work. It just feels like your living.